Monday, July 6, 2009

Itinerary

One of the main reasons, if not the main reason, for choosing the particular itinerary I'm sailing on is because of Santorini. This beautiful Greek island, that is part of the Cyclades, has to be one of the most gorgeous spots on earth. The views from the small northern town of Oia are some of the most breathtaking views ever.


When I was choosing an itinerary for this trip, my one criteria was that it had to include Santorini.

We finally decided on this itinerary on the Ruby Princess because it seemed to have a nice mix of old ports that we've visited before, as well as new ports that we've never been to.

Our itinerary has us going to: Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Olympia, Greece; Athens, Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Kusadasi, Turkey; Rhodes, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Naples, Italy; and Rome, Italy. Prior to boarding the ship in Venice, we'll also be visiting Milan and Verona, Italy.


Of these ports, I've previously visited Athens, Kusadasi, Santorini, Naples and Rome. Which means that I haven't been to Milan, Verona, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Olympia, Rhodes, and Mykonos.

I can only hope that this trip to the Mediterreanean is half as good as my first trip was.

Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia... here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment