Thursday, July 2, 2009

3 weeks and counting


I'm just about 3 weeks away from leaving for vacation. I'm very much looking forward to all that Europe has to offer me on this trip. This will be my 4th cruise to Europe and 6th time to Europe overall. Europe is just so rich with history and culture. It surrounds you at inside every castle, at the site of every ruin, in the center of each city's piazza. There is so much to do and see in Europe that you can never truly see it all, experience it all, take it all in.

I've been so fortunate that I've gotten this opportunity to travel there on numerous occassions. I hope that one day I'll be able to say that I've been to every single European country. If my memory serves me correctly, the countries I'm still currently missing are: Portugal, Crete, Iceland, Greenland, the Netherlands, and Norway.

Scuttlebutt is that perhaps this time around when I'm in Rome we're going to take a train out to the countryside and the summer residence of Pope Benedict and see if we can attend the Sunday services with the Pope at Castel Gandolfo. We'll see if that pans out.

For now, I'll just continue to plan and count down the days... Europe, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment